Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

All used up - Part Uno

 Recently I've noticed how many random beauty products I've accumulated. This has led me to believe a binge is in order, which mean drum roll please ... no more beauty buying in October! I've been contemplating doing this but haven't had the gut to do so until the fabulous Sandra mentioned in her newest video that she was thinking of doing the exact same thing. Not only am I running out of space, I've forgotten about products I own. Yes using up products is part of it, but discovering product I own is actually my hope (though saving money can't hurt:) ). It makes me sad to think of all the great things I've forgotten. Anyway I ramble.
I've been trying to use up some products and here are some I've used up in the last couple of weeks and my opinions on them.


Ole Henriksen Truth Serum
Let me say, I think I love this stuff. It really great way for vitamin C to get into your skin. Normally my oily skin freaks at the thought of a serum below my moisturizer, but my skin seemed to love it, though I not entirely sure it was this product they love, thus the think. I'm going to test the waters without it this month and see what happens.
Repurchase? Time will tell.

 Boots Sensitive Gentle Eye Make-up Removal Lotion
Let me start by saying the name is verymisconceiving. A lotion this is not. More of an oily, watery pain. I was so happy to finish this off. I clearly brought this into the shower (hence the peeling of letters and logos.) Though the product was cheap, it not something I'd recommend. 
Repurchase? No

Laura Mercier Creme de Pistache Hand Creme
Love. The. Smell. Even if this hand cream did absolutely nothing for my hands (though it does)I'd buy it. The smell is amazing. I have extremely sensitive skin (think of an ER visit when scented products are used) and hands are the only part of body that can handle scents. If I could use the scrub and body lotion I would. The perfume smells nothing like this though, at least from the sample I was given. I'm trying to use up a Ahava hand cream before I buy this one, but it smells more like a baby hooker than a ice cream shop from the 50s.
Repurchase? HELL YEAH

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo
I love this shampoo, the smell makes your hair feel like its cleanse and revitalized. Since I have oily hair this has been one of my go to products. Sadly I've dyed my hair recently and now question whether this would be a product that would hurt the color (the bottle says color safe, but who believes the bottles?)
Repurchase? Not Sure

DiorShow Mascara
This is one of my favorite products of all time. I know its a love it or hate it product, I just happen to fall on the love it side. It makes my eyelashes look and feel thicker. I should mention that I bought this for my mother about 6 months ago and she hated it. So if you're looking for a mascara and want to try this one, trying to find a sample first might be a good choice. 
Repurchase? Yes, as soon as I've gone though some of my 10+ unopened mascaras.

True Blue Spa Toe the Line (From Bath and Body Works)
I've had this product for some time now, and really have no opinion of it. I don't hate it or love it. Personally I think better products are out there, but if your feet stink the Tea Tree and Peppermint Oil might help that out. 
Repurchase? No

Not Pictured: 

Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask
I really enjoyed this product. Though it can be pricey, a little goes a long way. Again I have about 3 to 4 other hair masks to go though before I can compare the two. 
Repurchase? Another time will purchase.

1 comment:

  1. I think I have that DiorShow somewhere in my stash too, will definitely have to try it!

    ReplyDelete